Does it matter which parent provides the greater support?

The “support” test was replaced by the “place of abode” test. The child must still receive more than half of his or her support from the parents (or others), but the parent with whom the child lives with most, in that year, will be the parent who may claim the child, assuming all other qualifications are met.

Posted in: Child Related Credits & Deductions